We have testet at TacoBoy Kitchen this procedure and it works!
It tastes just like Mexico´s enchiladas verdes (green) and rojas (red).
In this combo we are proposing you to prepare at home 20 enchiladas verdes or rojas con queso fresco. We believe could fullfill 5 friends with very hungry desires for eating enchiladas con queso 3-4 per person).
This combo includes:
- Telephone support - call or write to TacoBoy we want to help you to succed with your enchiladas making at home.
- 20 nixtamal tortillas
- 800g Queso Fresco (drain before use and keep it in the fridge)
- 200g Chile Poblano en Rajas (stips Poblano chili)
- Salsa Verde or Roja ready to reheat and use (please choose your salsa at the menu)
- 3 cebollas blancas (white onions) (use 1 cebolla for the queso fresco, and the other one for garnishing your plate.
- 3 fresh avocadoer for garnishing your enchiladas.
- 50g Fresh Coriander for garnishing on top of your enchiladas.
HOW TO PREPARE
- Drain the queso fresco of water excess (keep 1 block queso for garnishing). Bring 3 blocks of queso into a deep plate and with the help of two forks make it powdery.
- Finely chop 2 large onions together with your poblano chili strips -drained- and toss it with the cheese. You will use the cheese with poblano & cebolla to fill your enchiladas. While you will use 1 block queso plain for garnish.
- Reheat tortillas on a pan and keep them warm inside a tortillero or between 2 cotton kitchen towels.
- The contents of the can of enchilada sauce will be heated in a preheated skillet with oil. Just before boiling, take off the heat and put a lid on to keep the sauce warm. You will use this sauce to dip your hot tortillas as well as to bathe the enchiladas already formed on your plate.
FORMING YOUR ROLLED ENCHILADAS (AS SHOWN ON THE IMAGE)
Already with all your ingredients ready. We are going to form your enchiladas.
- Take a hot tortilla out of your tortilla holder and dip it a couple of times, quickly in the hot sauce. Place the sauce-drenched tortilla on an extended plate. Continue the procedure with the 20 tortillas in your pack.
- We are going to roll your tortillas with the fresh queso-onion-poblano mix as filling. Take a tortilla previously dipped in sauce and put the fresh cheese along the length, -you decide how much cheese- roll up and put the roll with cheese on a clean plate. Repeat with 2 more and serve the plate with 3 enchiladas.
- Then bathe the 3 enchiladas with the sauce, letting the entire dish be covered by the salsa, this gives color and flavor to each bite.
- Garnish with plain queso, 2 fresh onion rings and cilantro or parsley leaves, as well as three fresh avocado half moons and then sprinkle fresh cheese on top.
- Ready to serve! It is eaten with a knife and fork or a spoon.
TIP: Aguas frescas like Limonada matches perfectly - or a good chilled mexican beer (NOT INCLUDED)
TIP: YOU CAN USE YOUR PREFERRED PULLED MEAT INSTEAD OF QUESO FRESCO AS WELL (MEAT NOT INCLUDED ON THIS COMBO)
TIP: GARNISH WITH SOUR CREAM WILL BRING MORE TASTE TO EVERYTHING (NOT INCLUDED)
TIP: ORDER SALSA VERDE TOMATILLO OR CHIPOTLE IN YOU WANT MORE SPICYNESS!